POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) : Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Feb 2001 18:58:57
Message: <chrishuff-AA56BC.18574727022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a9bf4be@news.povray.org>, "Gail Shaw"
<gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote:

> I still need to add some distant mountains and some kind
> of statue buried in the ice, and I want to make the fence
> look a little less human. (This is supposed to be an alien
> planet).

The chain does look very out of place...and it should be encrusted with
ice.

The waterfall needs some work, it should be a lot broader at the base,
where trickling water would pour on the accumulated ice, and some finer
detail would be nice. And the rock it is...er, was pouring over looks
quite artificial, maybe make it more uneven, less like a rock wall. And
maybe some snow...
You've managed to get it to look quite cold, though.

The suns and the city in the background look great, though.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><